Roles and responsibilities:
1. Develop proficiency on at least one platform.
2. Installs, configures and maintains database server software.
3. Plans, tests, implements and monitors database backup and recovery processes.
4. Conducts database performance monitoring and performs appropriate database tuning tasks to maintain optimal application and reporting response times.
5. Assists in creating Reporting Services reports as needed. Designs, configures and maintains user security access to custom databases to support application functionality and reports.
6. Configuration of SQL Server monitoring utilities for SQL server management of development and production environments.
7. Participate in service and vendor reviews and evaluations.
8. Expand technical knowledge in own and related discipline for functional areas supported. Keep abreast of new techniques and procedures.
9. Submission and retrieval of data files as required by the State (IWAS) (e.g. student demographics, enrollment, test, special needs, and
Apply by Mail: Human Resource, Steck Systems, Inc, 13706 Research Blvd, Suite#109, Austin, TX 78750