Roles and responsibilities:
1. Collaborate with business users to analyze needs and develop clear, specific requirements.
2. Develop a comprehensive set of technical tasks required to attain the objective.
3. Specifically define and gain agreement to the size of the effort based upon a clear set of user requirements before moving into the development phase. Identify additions to scope that will necessitate adjustment to IT resources or timeline
4. Design, implement, and document solutions that comply with development standards and meet user requirements
5. Fully test the business and technical aspects of the solution
6. Implement solutions within agreed upon scope and timelineProvide technical expertise and support for Support team, as needed
7. Develop, test, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot software applications in support of the University Library’s goals. Responsibilities include analyzing user requirements for system features and functionality, developing software requirements documents, original programming, documenting and commenting code, system testing, and creating comprehensive software documentation.
8. Partner with an open source community to improve community code, and optimize core system functionality to meet Georgia State University Library’s needs. Adapts and adopts technologies and methods from open source projects, and contributes to such projects through code, process, and community contributions.
9. Work with library or project stakeholders to further develop or enhance back and front end design of the Library’s digital asset management system. Participates in department, project, and stakeholder meetings.
Apply by Mail: Human Resource, Steck Systems, Inc, 13706 Research Blvd, Suite#109, Austin, TX 78750